Meopin shall be considered as data controller in relation to the Personal Information collected through the Platform and, as such, undertakes to comply with applicable data protection law, as well as any EU data protection legislation.
2. Personal Information that Meopin collects. To use some of its services and access certain areas of the Platform, the User must provide Personal Information that can be traced back to him / her, such as full name, street address and zip code, telephone number, e-mail. Meopin collects this Personal Information that the User voluntarily provides through the use of on-line data entry, survey, product purchase and registration forms. Meopin gathers most of this Personal Information from the User during an initial voluntary User registration process for the Platform. Meopin also occasionally asks the User for Personal Information at other times, including when he / she completes optional survey forms, fills out optional contact forms for additional information on particular products and services or uses a particular service. Accordingly, the User can determine to a large extent what Personal Information he / she wishes to submit on a voluntary basis to Meopin. Such data are organized and stored in databases (“Databases”).
3. Reasons to collect Personal Information. Meopin regularly makes improvements to the Platform to provide its many Users with a more personalized, relevant and intelligent service.
Meopin’s primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to deliver a customized and personalized service to the Users of the Platform.
Meopin may also use Personal Information for marketing purposes and mainly to: (i) send Users e-mail notification, in accordance with applicable law, of new features or information available through the Platform or that Meopin otherwise feels might be of interest to Users of this Platform; and (ii) allow Meopin and its third party advertisers and retailers, and their affiliates, offering goods or services that Meopin thinks might be of interest to Users, to deliver relevant information and offers to Users in any form. Meopin collects IP addresses to advertise to the Users in accordance with the foregoing, as well as for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes and to report aggregate information to advertisers and others. The collection of Personal Information greatly assists Meopin in this improvement process by identifying the interests and needs of the many Users to this Platform.
To learn more about Cookies, the User may visit http://allaboutcookies.org/. Although most web browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies, if the User prefers, he / she may decline the placement of a Cookie on his / her hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of his / her web browser software (if available) to delete the Cookie. But certain areas within this Platform may not function properly if the web browser will not accept Cookies.
5. Disclosing of Personal Information to third parties. Meopin may share the User’s Personal Information, for the purpose of providing the Services, with the following categories of recipients: external services providers, business partners (such as marketers, advertisers and other health service providers), public authorities and affiliate companies, located in Germany or abroad, including countries that do not ensure adequate level of protection according to the European Commission insofar as this communication is necessary to execute the Agreement. Such transfer/disclosure will be made in accordance with applicable laws.
Meopin also reserves the right to share or transfer the User’s Registration Information or other Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement (whether it is under domestic or foreign law) or a court order.
6. Measures to keep Personal Information Secure. On the Platform and within Meopin, Meopin seeks to use appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to reasonably safeguard the User’s Personal Information under Meopin’s control from unauthorized use, release or access. For example, Meopin grants access to any stored Personal Information only to authorized personnel. Moreover, when the User registers on-line or accesses his / her account information through the Platform, Meopin offers the User the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information that the Users input before it is sent to Meopin.
Although Meopin has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Platform for its Users, the confidentiality and security of any communication or material transmitted to or from Meopin via this Platform or e-mail cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at any time. When disclosing any Personal Information, the User should remain mindful of the fact that he / she is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without his / her consent. Accordingly, the User should consider carefully if he / she wants to submit sensitive information that he / she would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that his / her use of the Internet and this Platform is solely at the User’s risk. The User, alone, is ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all his / her Personal Information. Meopin has no responsibility or liability to anyone for the security of his / her Personal Information transmitted via the Internet. Meopin urges all of its Users to be careful and responsible whenever they are on-line.
If the User opts-in to Meopin’s use or sharing of his / her Personal Information, he / she can later change his / her mind and opt-out.
The User may opt-out from all future use and disclosure of his / her Personal Information for marketing purposes by requesting the removal of his / her Personal Information from Meopin’s Database, or from receiving future marketing- related e-mails from Meopin by clicking on the “opt-out” link in any e-mail sent to the User by Meopin.
8. Access, change or remove Personal Information. At any time, the User may contact Meopin via e-mail, in accordance with the rights granted to him / her by applicable data protection laws, to request (i) a summary of any of his / her Personal Information retained by Meopin, (ii) a change to the User’s Personal Information maintained by Meopin, or (iii) removal of the User’s Personal Information from Meopin’s Database. Request should be sent to email@example.com.
See also: Meopin General Terms and Conditions