Through the Platform, Meopin offers information on professionals and facilities providing healthcare services and products such as, but not limited to, physicians, nurses, midwives, psychologists, therapists, coaches, optometrists, rehabilitation technicians, other healthcare providers, pharmacies, healthcare facilities, long-term care and home care facilities, emergency and first aid services, rehabilitation centers, blood testing facilities, hospitals and persons working on their behalves (collectively, the “Healthcare Providers”).
Meopin organizes key information to help the User make informed choices in order to independently find and/or assess particular Healthcare Providers.
Namely, the Platform provides Users with the main following services:
- online profiles of Healthcare Providers. The Platform offers Users the possibility to search for one or more Healthcare Providers, according to different search criteria. Among the search results, Users may further filter results according to different filter criteria
- the possibility to review and rate Healthcare Providers (the “Ratings”).
Meopin includes reviews, feedback, comments, indexes, scorecards, materials and other informative details about the Healthcare Providers which are organized, compiled and adjusted through proprietary processes and algorithms.
On the Platform, Meopin makes available Ratings, lists based on specific criteria, including without limitation, in the form of search results (“Lists”), and other information, profiles and materials regarding Healthcare Providers (collectively with the Ratings and Lists, the “Site Materials”).
The use of the Platform is currently provided to Patients for free.
Subscription Services offered to Healthcare Providers as defined above are subject to a monthly payment according to one of the payment plans offered by Meopin and described on the Platform. These are premium packages available to Healthcare Providers who wish to improve their basic free profile page listed on the Platform and benefit from other services and products by Meopin.
All data processing with regard to Meopin will be solely done in Germany, the country of incorporation and registered office of Meopin-Op UG (haftungsbeschränkt). German laws are exclusively applicable to data protection in Meopin.
Data for which Meopin will be responsible for treatment
Some functions of Meopin are available to Users without leaving any personal data.
These functions are: 1) the search for Healthcare Providers, 2) the access to articles published in the health library.
A User account is only required in the following circumstances:
- a User willing to store data searched for in Meopin (for example, a Patient who would like to save a provider’s profile in a “Favorites” section of his account);
- a Healthcare Provider registering in Meopin for the purpose of subscribing one of the packages offered by Meopin;
- a Patient registering in Meopin for the purpose of being able to issue reviews of Providers.
- a Patient registering in Meopin for the purpose of requesting appointments online.
Meopin will be responsible for the treatment of the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- IP address collected during registration
- First name
- Last name
- Name of practice
- Street and number
- ZIP Code
- Phone number
- Email address
- IP Address collected during registration process
- Information to be displayed on the profile page and provided by the Provider (such as details regarding education, diploma, residency after graduation, specialized services, expertise, publications and research, awards and recognitions, board certifications)
No health relative data will be processed.
Chat sessions and online consultations between Providers and Patients, if such functions will be offered by Meopin, will not be recorded.
Patients’ data left during reviewing a healthcare provider
Patients’ comments are checked before being published on the Platform. The review system being an essential part of the Platform, the highest quality criteria shall apply. In order to fill in rating forms, there is a numeric field to insert the date of the visit of the provider or the purchase of the device / medicine. If the date inserted by the user is more than 2 years old, the user receives a message on screen that this review may not be published as it does not fulfil Meopin’s review criteria (as all reviews must relate to a visit or purchase made maximum two years ago).
Additional information may be added. There are different elements in here.
Gender. There is the choice between “man” and “woman”.
Age. There is the choice between “<25 years”, “25-40 years”, “40-55 years” and “>55 years”.
Health Library. The user may indicate, in a free-text field, health themes for which he would like to receive further news.
There is a box to be ticked if the user agrees that other interested patients / users can ask him questions about this review or the provider in case. The user stays anonymous, but all communications will flow through Meopin’s Platform. There is choice between “yes” or “no” if the user would recommend this provider (or product or medicine) in general.
In the closing section of the review form, the user declares to have been treated by this provider, that his rating corresponds to his personal experience, that he is not in any personal or business relationship with this provider. He also formally agrees that his review and rating is governed by, and respects, Meopin’s GTC which he expressly and formally accepts.
Meopin will not disclose the reviewer’s identity on the Platform. As a review requires to login to a Meopin account, Meopin is able to trace at any time the identity of the review author. Meopin will levy anonymity at first request by a court or prosecution office.
Users are entirely responsible for the Submissions they published on the Platform. They shall make sure that such Submissions will / are not:
- violate any law, or promote criminal or other illegal activity;
- libel, defame, discriminate, disparage or invade the privacy of any third party;
- obscene or pornographic;
- harmful, threatening, offensive, abusive, harassing, vulgar, false or inaccurate;
- constitute personal attacks on other individuals, or may cause offence to others on grounds of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, faith, age or disability;
- infringe any third party intellectual property rights, including author’s rights, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret;
- promote or advertise any person, product or service or solicit funds;
- are deemed confidential by any contract or policy;
- promote violence, firearms, ammunition, or weapons;
- promotes tobacco or alcohol products;
- negatively affect Meopin’s reputation and public image, taking into consideration the right for free expression.
An authentication of the Patient will be implemented in the frame of the first review this Patient posts.
Measures foreseen to inform the concerned persons about the processing of data via Meopin
In any case, Meopin will only collect Patients’ data during a registration made by the Patient himself.
Patients will be informed of the processing of their data by Meopin following the acceptance of the registration by Meopin.
For Healthcare Providers, Meopin will, generally speaking, collect Providers’ data during the registration process made by
the Provider for the purpose of subscribing a Meopin package.
However, Providers’ data collection may occur during a listing made by Patients or by Meopin. Such a listing may be performed in case a Healthcare Provider is not listed, but a Patient would like to issue a review on this Provider. It may also be performed for the completeness of information made available on the Platform, in the public interest.
In the above mentioned exceptional cases, the collection of Providers’ data will be limited to the information necessary to the display of the basic profile (title, first name, last name, street and number, city, country, zip, specialty, phone number and, if available, email address).
In any case, Providers will be immediately informed of the processing of their data by Meopin following their listing on the Platform.
Meopin will supply the Patient / Provider, no later than the point at which the data are collected and regardless of the type of media used, with the following information:
- the identity of the controller and of his representative, if any;
- the purpose or purposes of the processing for which the data are intended;
- any further information such as the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data might be disclosed and the existence of the right of access to data concerning him and the right to rectify them inasmuch as, in view of the specific circumstances in which the data is collected, this additional information is necessary to ensure the fair processing of the data in respect of the data subject.
- the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability;
- where the processing is based on the consent of the data subject, the existence of the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Means which have professionals with regard to data published on Meopin and which would be false, not updated, not correct or uncomplete
Registered Providers (who have subscribed a Meopin package) have at any time access to their dashboard where they can update or correct personal data which would be false or uncomplete.
Providers who have been listed by Meopin or a Patient and who have not registered with Meopin (and have not subscribed a Meopin package) may, at any time, send an email to Meopin or contact Meopin Helpdesk for the purpose of updating or correcting personal data.
Opposing to the management of data via Meopin
Providers will be informed once data on them are disclosed for the first time to third parties, except in cases where the Provider has subscribed himself to a Meopin package.
They have then the right to correct and update their data, but will not be allowed, except in case of death or end of practice, to object to the data processing.
Duration of conservation of the site users’ data or of the application Meopin?
Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of which the data were collected and processed.
The storage duration will be assessed on a case by case basis. For an example, in case a Provider unsubscribes from the payment of a Meopin payment package, Meopin will erase the related data within a reasonable timeframe and not store them anymore.
Security measures have been taken in order to prevent access, manipulation or non-authorized divulgation of data
Patients’ and Providers’ data are stored with Microsoft Azure, in the Netherlands and/or Ireland. EU data protection rules shall apply to such storage. No transfer of personal data will be made outside the EEA.
Security measures are performed by Microsoft Azure. These comprise appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.